Posted Nov.18, 2009 in HR Letters
Here is a Sample Letter of Appointment for a Management Trainee.
Letter of Appointment for a Management Trainee
Further to the interview you had with us, we are pleased to appoint you as Management Trainee in our organization.
The terms and conditions governing your training are given below:-
1. Training period:
You will be on training for a period of 9 months effective date of starting of this program, which will be indicated to you.
2. Consolidated Stipend
A sum of Rs. _______/- (Rupees ___________ only) per month will be paid to you as stipend.
You will not be entitled to any other benefits, apart from the above.
3. Notice period during training
The Company reserves the right to terminate services of trainees on grounds of misconduct or breach of the terms and conditions of the Undertaking to be furnished by the trainee as per clause 6 of this letter and / or violation of any rules and regulations or standing orders of the Company by giving seven calendar days notice or upon payment of stipend in lieu thereof.
Initially you will be posted at Mumbai. However during this period of training, you can be transferred to any other department/division of the company, anywhere in India or overseas. You may also be assigned such other duties as may be nec(Organization Name)y at the discretion of the management, in any branch or office of the company and/or its subsidiaries or associate companies.
5. You will be required to sign an Undertaking-cum-Indemnity Bond / Agreement on joining.
6. This appointment is subject to:
a) Your having secured a certificate of completion as declared by your Institution / University.
b) Your being examined & found medically fit. (Please have yourself medically examined by a general physician, as per the standard examination list enclosed and if referred further by any specialist. The same would have to be filled in and certified by the physician and sent to us directly by _____ (date). The fees incurred for the same would be reimbursed on you joining).
7. Your performance will be reviewed periodically during the training period. If your performance does not meet with the requirements of the training program, your training period would be extended by a maximum of six months with an interim review after three months.
8. On successful completion of training, based on your performance during and at the end of the training period, you will be confirmed in the services of the Company in the appropriate cadre depending on suitable openings.
9. You are required to maintain the highest order of discipline and secrecy as regards the work of the company and/or its subsidiaries or associate companies and in case of any breach of discipline/trust, your services may be terminated by the company with immediate effect. You will also be required to sign the Secrecy Agreement on your joining.
10. You will also be governed by the standard terms and conditions applicable to the managerial cadre of the company as existing now and as may be amended from time to time.
11. Should there be a need for any modification in one or more benefits extended to you through this letter, by way of enactment of any law by the appropriate State/Central Government, you would be entitled to the higher of the benefit(s) but not both.
12. This appointment has been made based on the information furnished in your application for employment and subsequent interviews. If, at any time in future, it comes to light that any of the information is incorrect or any relevant information has been withheld, then your employment is liable to be terminated without notice.
13. Your appointment is with effect from __________
Kindly sign the copy of this letter indicating your acceptance of the above terms and conditions of this appointment and return the same to us.
Whilst welcoming you to the (Organization Name) Group, we wish you good luck and a very bright career with us.
[Name of the Business Leader]